We are looking for a colleague for the industry platform DOK.forum. Apply now!
DOK.forum is the industry platform of DOK.fest München and sees itself as a think tank for the documentary film industry and a platform for projects in the development process. DOK.forum is the meeting place for the German-speaking and international documentary film industry. Here, the socially relevant and artistically valuable documentary film is discussed and promoted in all its manifestations and stages of development.
The two programme segments of DOK.forum (event period: 1-7 May 2024) are closely intertwined:
- The DOK.forum Perspectives invite participants to develop visions and impulses for the future of documentary film in conferences, workshops and other public events and to negotiate current industry topics.
- As a co-production and ideas market, the DOK.forum Marketplace offers various pitch and networking formats for the further development and realisation of new documentary film projects.
For our DOK.forum team we are looking for:
Internship DOK.forum Marketplace (d/f/m)
Job extent: 50%
Working period: 12 February – 24 May 2024
Your tasks include:
- Organisation and assistance in the selection of projects for the DOK.talent Award
- Editorial work (website), database maintenance
- Collaboration on the marketplace catalogue
- Guest relations
- Organisational preparation of the marketplace events (pitchings, roundtable sessions, one-to-one meetings)
- Support in the coordination of event procedures, volunteers and the implementation of the festival
- Interest in documentary film and the industry
- First experience in event organisation
- Friendly and self-confident appearance and communication skills
- Good written and spoken German and English skills
- Independence, ability to work in a team, willingness to work hard, stress resistance
- Exclusive insights into the documentary film industry
- An interesting and varied job at a major international cultural event
- Working independently
- Participation in a variety of tasks in a committed team
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Building contacts – an important basis for success in all media professions
- An expense allowance in line with local and industry standards
Further details about the work content, scope of work and remuneration are available upon request or at our office.
If you are interested, please send your CV with a short letter of motivation by Monday, 11 December 2023 via mail to:
We look forward to receiving your applications!
In recent years, DOK.fest München has developed into one of the most renowned and largest public and industry festivals dedicated exclusively to international, artistically valuable, socially relevant, feature-length documentary films. Every year in May and throughout the year, we present outstanding documentaries from all over the world on the big screen. DOK.fest München took place dual for the second time in 2023, setting the course for the future of the festival: the 130 films from 55 countries were presented both in Munich on the cinema screen and at home on the digital screen, and we welcomed a total of around 56,000 viewers on site in Munich as well as at home @home across Germany.
DOK.fest München is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion in all areas of work and pursues the goal of promoting and implementing this within the team. We welcome applications from all people who have the relevant qualifications and commitment for the job.
Contact and office address:
Dachauer Straße 116
Phone: +49 (0)89 – 51 39 97 88