Call for Entries:
VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2024
Submit now until 1 February 2024!
DOK.fest München and VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH are pleased to announce the 7th VFF Documentary Film Production Award at the 39th DOK.fest München 2024.
An award for brave documentary film producers
Being a producer for documentary films means one thing above all: having courage. The VFF Documentary Film Production Award, unique in Germany, recognises the role of production in the creation of current cinema documentary film projects.
The award is donated by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and is endowed with prize money of 7.500 euros. The award goes to the producer of the film. The award ceremony will take place within the festival programme of DOK.fest München.
Producers are cordially invited to submit their current cinema documentary films!
Conditions of participation
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- Cinema film production with a minimum length of 72 minutes
- 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1 January 2023
- Public screening at DOK.fest München 2024 possible (cinema exploitation may have already begun)
- If your film has already participated in a previous DOK.fest München edition, a new submission is not possible.
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted.
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted:
- Commitment of the production in choosing a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in putting together the financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from the production
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please register it via our database. Please select "VFF Documentary Film Production Award" under "Registration for".
If you submit a film with us for the very first time, please set up an account. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time and register a new film. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one through our system. We provide information on the exact steps for submitting a film here under item 8.
- Statement of the producer on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the producer and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
The submission is independent of the participation at DOK.fest München.
Submission deadline is 1 February 2024.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact:
Dachauer Straße 116
Award-winning film 2023
Director: Pia Lenz
Production: Carsten Rau and Hauke Wendler (PIER 53 Filmproduktion)
Award-winning film 2022
Director: Sarvnaz Alambeigi
Award-winning film 2021
Director: Antonia Kilian
Production: Frank Müller, Antonia Kilian, Guevara Namer (Doppelplusultra Filmproduktion)
Award-winning film 2020
Director: Halina Dyrschka
Production: Eva Illmer, Halina Dyrschka
Award-winning film 2019
Directors: Cyprien Clement-Delmas, Igor Korenko
Production: Fabian Driehorst (Fabian&Fred)
Award-winning film 2018
Directors: Johanna Bentz, Camilo Colmenares, Sandra Dajani, Madeleine Dallmeyer, Nazgol Emami, Diana Menestrey, Khaled Nawal, Birgit Schulz
Production: Birgit Schulz (Bildersturm Filmproduktion)