Call for Entries:
VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2023
DOK.fest München and VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH are pleased to announce the 6th VFF Documentary Film Production Award at the 38th DOK.fest München 2023.
Being a producer for documentary films means one thing above all: having courage. The VFF Documentary Film Production Award, unique in Germany, recognises the role of production in the creation of current cinema documentary film projects.
The award is donated by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and is endowed with prize money of 7,500 euros. The award goes to the producer of the film.
Producers are cordially invited to submit their current cinema documentaries!
Conditions of participation
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- Cinema film production with a minimum length of 72 minutes
- 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1 January 2022
- Public screening at DOK.fest München 2023 possible (cinema exploitation may have already begun)
- If your film has already participated in a previous DOK.fest München edition, a new submission is not possible.
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted.
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted.
- Commitment of the production to the selection of a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in the composition of financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from production
- The producer's willingness to take risks in financial and content terms.
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please register it via our database (please select "Registration for VFF Documentary Film Production Award" in the registration form).
If you register a film with us for the very first time, please set up an account. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time via this website and register a new film. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one through our system.
- Statement of the producer on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the producer and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
The submission is independent of the participation at the DOK.fest München.
Submission deadline is 1 February 2023.
The date of the postmark / the completed online registration applies.
Dachauer Straße 116
5th VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2022
Director: Sarvnaz Alambeigi
4th VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2021
Director: Antonia Kilian
Production: Frank Müller, Antonia Kilian, Guevara Namer (Doppelplusultra Filmproduktion)
3rd VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2020
Director: Halina Dyrschka
Production: Eva Illmer, Halina Dyrschka
2nd VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2019
Directors: Cyprien Clement-Delmas, Igor Korenko
Production: Fabian Driehorst (Fabian&Fred)
Directors: Johanna Bentz, Camilo Colmenares, Sandra Dajani, Madeleine Dallmeyer, Nazgol Emami, Diana Menestrey, Khaled Nawal, Birgit Schulz
Production: Birgit Schulz (Bildersturm Filmproduktion)