DOK.forum Marketplace – submission
Who can apply for DOK.forum Marketplace?
All experienced and aspiring (documentary) filmmakers, authors, directors, producers and film composers are cordially invited to apply free of charge for the DOK.forum Marketplace (4 to 10 May 2022). Submitting filmmakers should be able to prove that they have realised at least one cinema or TV documentary film.
Students from our partner universities can apply for the DOK.talent Award by Haus des Dokumentarfilms until 1st March 2022. Here you will also find the submission regulations for this award for young filmmakers.
What we are looking for
The DOK.forum Marketplace is looking for outstanding documentary film projects in various stages of development (project idea / early production stage / rough cut).
Our focus is on creative long documentary films, but we are also looking for TV formats, serial, web-based or VR-projects. The thematic orientation is open. What is important is the relevance of the story – both for possible co-productions within the German-speaking as well as within the international area – as well as the originality of the theme and the cinematic preparation.
For the DOK.composition Award within the Marketplace, film composition concepts are particularly sought, for the DOK.archive Award projects with a relevant share of archive material. We also welcome international documentary film projects for the Master's Pitch.
Submissions for these competitions are made via the general submission for the DOK.forum Marketplace. In the submission form you have the possibility to tick the respective competition.
How to apply?
If you do not have an account yet, please register here. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time. To submit via the online form please log in and select the button "new project" in the projects tab.
Please have the following information ready for submission:
- Short synopsis (50 to 400 characters)
- Synopsis (50 to 1,500 characters)
- Visual concept (50 to 1,000 characters)
- Statement by.the.filmmaker.in (50 to 400 characters)
- Goal or mission at the DOK.forum marketplace (50 to 300 characters)
- Link to the trailer
- Link to three film stills
- Link to the video self-portrait
- Biographies direction and production (50 to 400 characters each)
- Link to work samples
- Submssions to the DOK.archive Award by British Pathé: concepts for handling archive material
- Submissions to the DOK.composition Award by Sonoton Music: compositional concepts for documentary film projects
The prerequisite for marketplace registration is a meaningful application. Applications can be submitted in German and English. German projects that have been successfully accepted by the DOK.forum Marketplace must submit a project description in English for the international catalogue by the end of March.
The deadline for submission is 1st February 2022
(except DOK.talent award by Haus des Dokumentarfilms: 1st March 2022).
Submission is free of charge.
Selection of film projects
A commission consisting of Industry Expert.innen and the DOK.forum team selects the up to 35 best and for the DOK.forum Marketplace most promising projects from all submissions. Admitted applicants will receive feedback on their submission by the end of March 2021. The aim of the selection is to ensure the best possible matchmaking both for the marketplace participants and for the Marketplace experts. The DOK.forum selection team curates the individual projects and assigns them to the individual formats of DOK.forum Marketplace.
Fees are only charged for successful submissions. If your project is selected for this year's DOK.forum Marketplace (5th to 11th May 2021), you will pay a participation fee of 200 Euro per project. In case DOK.forum Marketplace cannot take place on location, the fee can be reduced. This fee is not charged for the CQ+BY Doc CoPro guest delegation. Participants who do not pay their accreditation fee cannot be considered. Each project can be represented by a maximum of two team members at the DOK.forum Marketplace (except DOK.composition Award, for which the team, including the composer, can consist of three people).
The accreditation package for the DOK.forum Marketplace includes:
- individual matchmaking
- Participation in or access to the Marketplace screenings
- Master's Pitch and DOK.talent Award: pitch preparation
- Catering during the events of the DOK.forum Marketplace
- Technical support on site or online
- Networking with the most important decision-makers within the market
- Free access to all DOK.forum events 2022
- Festival accreditation including access to all events and receptions of the DOK.fest München 2022 (including opening event in the Deutsches Theater)
We are looking forward to your submissions!
Your DOK.forum Marketplace Team
phone: +49 (0)89 – 51 51 97 86