Submission DOK.forum Marketplace (until 3rd February, 2020)
Who can apply?
All experienced and aspiring (documentary) filmmakers, authors, directors, producers and film composers are cordially invited to apply free of charge for the DOK.forum Marketplace (7th to 10th May 2020). Submitting filmmakers should be able to prove that they have realised at least one cinema or TV documentary film.
Students from our partner universities can apply for the Pitch Award of the Haus des Dokumentarfilms until 1st March 2020. Here you will also find the submission regulations for this award for young filmmakers.
What we are looking for
The DOK.forum Marketplace is looking for outstanding documentary film projects in various stages of development (project idea / early production stage / rough cut).
Our focus is on creative long documentary films, but we are also looking for TV formats, serial, web-based or VR projects. The thematic orientation is open. What is important is the relevance of the story - both for possible co-productions within the German-speaking as well as within the international area - as well as the originality of the theme and the cinematic preparation.
For the German Composition Funding Award within the Marktplatze, film composition concepts are particularly sought, for the British Pathé Archive Award projects with a relevant share of archive material. We also welcome international documentary film projects for the Master's Pitch.
How to apply?
If you do not have an account yet, please register here. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time. To submit via the online form please log in and select the button "new project" in the projects tab.
Please have the following information ready for submission:
- Short synopsis (50 to 400 characters)
- Synopsis (50 to 1,500 characters)
- Visual concept (50 to 1,000 characters)
- Statement by.the.filmmaker.in (50 to 400 characters)
- Goal or mission at the DOK.forum marketplace (50 to 300 characters)
- Link to the trailer
- Link to three film stills
- Link to the video self-portrait
- Biographies direction and production (50 to 400 characters each)
- Link to work samples
The prerequisite for marketplace registration is a meaningful application. Applications can be submitted in German and English. German projects that have been successfully accepted by the DOK.forum marketplace must submit a project description in English for the international catalogue by the end of March.
The deadline for submission is 3rd February 2020. Submission is free of charge.
Selection of film projects
A commission consisting of Industry Expert.innen and the DOK.forum team selects the up to 30 best and for the DOK.forum Marketplace most promising projects from all submissions. Admitted applicants will receive feedback on their submission by the end of March 2020. The aim of the selection is to ensure the best possible matchmaking both for the marketplace participants and for the Marketplace experts. The DOK.forum selection team curates the individual projects and assigns them to the individual formats of DOK.forum Marketplace.
Fees are only charged for successful submissions. If your project is selected for this year's DOK.forum Marketplace (7th to 10th May 2020), you will pay a participation fee of 200 Euro per project. This fee is not charged for our guest delegation from Canada. Participants who do not pay their accreditation fee cannot be considered. Each project can be represented by a maximum of two team members at the DOK.forum Marketplace.
The new accreditation package for the DOK.forum Marketplace includes:
- Individual Matchmaking
- Participation in the Roundtable Sessions and/or Extended One-to-One Meetings and/or nomination for the competitions
- Master's Pitch, German Composition Funding Award, British Pathé Archive Award
- Participation in or access to marketplace screenings
- Pitch preparation for the Master's Pitch and Pitch Award
- Catering during the events of the DOK.forum Marketplace
- Technical support on site
- Networking with the most important decision-makers.within the market
- Free access to all DOK.forum events 2020
- Festival accreditation including access to all events and receptions of the DOK.fest München 2020 (including opening event in the Dt. Theater)
- Participants from abroad can also apply for a maximum of two free nights per project in our festival hotel.
We are looking forward to your submissions!
Your Marketplace Team