Submission DOK.forum Marketplace (until 1st February, 2019)
Who can apply?
Every experienced and emerging (documentary) filmmaker, author, director, producers and composer from the German-speaking area (D, A, CH, LU, I) is invited to submit a film (film composition) project – still in the development stage – to the DOK.forum Marketplace (9th–11th May, 2019). Applicants should be able to demonstrate the realisation of at least one cinematic documentary film respectively TV-compatible documentary. The topic (culture, society, history, science etc.), the development stage (project idea, early production stage, rough cut) and the documentary genre (feature-length, cinema/TV, series, transmedia etc.) are not restricted. The key condition is the relevance of the story with regards to possible coproductions within the German-speaking and international area as well as the thematic orginality and the film implementation.
Students from our partner universities can apply for the Pitch Award of the Haus des Dokumentarfilms until 1st March 2019.
How to apply?
If you do not have an account yet, please register here. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time. To submit via the online form please log in and select the button "new project" in the projects tab.
Please have the following information ready for submission:
- Short synopsis (50 to 800 characters)
- Concept (50 to 1,000 characters)
- Statement by.the.filmmaker.in (50 to 400 characters)
- Goal or mission at DOK.forum marketplace (50 to 300 characters)
- Link to the video self-portrait
- Link to work samples
Deadline is 1st February, 2019. The submission is free of charge.
Selection of the film projects
A team of experts will select at most 30 film projetcs out of all entries for the DOK.forum Marketplace. Admitted candidates recieve feedback to their entries until the end of March 2019. The general aim of the selection committee is to provide an optimal matchmaking both for the Marketplace experts and the participants. Every admitted candidate’s project should thus attend ideally at least two suitable roundtable sessions.
Fees only apply for successful submissions. If this is the case, 100 Euros per person will be charged upfront (this fee includes the accreditation for the DOK.forum). The transfer of the fee is a pre-condition for participating. If desired, it is possible to upgrade the accreditation for the DOK.fest, whereby the fee increases to 120 Euro. Every project can be represented by at most 2 persons.
For the first time we can provide accomodation for selected participants (per project max. 2 nights at a festival hotel). After successful submission, you can apply for accommodation from end of March 2019. Please send your application to: email@example.com
The accreditation for DOK.forum Marketplace includes:
- individual Matchmaking
- participation in the roundtables and extended one-to-one meetings
- nominations for the Masters Pitch, German Composition Funding Award and British Pathé Archive Award
- nomination for the SUNNY SIDE OF THE DOC Award
- Pitch training at Marketplace Masters Pitch and Pitch Award
- access to the DOK.forum Marketplace screenings
- catering during the Marketplace events
- networking with highly influential decision-makers
- Free access to all events and reception of DOK.fest 2019 (including the Opening Event at the Deutsches Theater)
- Free access to all DOK.forum events 2019
- technical support on location
- online and print promotion and follow-up
We are looking forward to your submission!
Head of project