Submission DOK.forum Marketplace (until 1st February, 2018)
Who can apply?
Every experienced (documentary) filmmaker, author and director from the German-speaking area (D, A, CH, LU, I) is invited to submit a film project – still in the development stage – to the DOK.forum Marketplace (3rd–5th May, 2018). Applicants should be able to demonstrate the realisation of at least one cinematic documentary film respectively TV-compatible documentary. The topic (culture, society, history, science etc.), the development stage (project idea, early production stage, rough cut) and the documentary genre (feature-length, cinema/TV, series, transmedia etc.) are not restricted. The key condition is the relevance of the story with regards to possible coproductions within the German-speaking and international area as well as the thematic orginality and the film implementation.
How to apply?
If you do not have an account yet, please register here. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time. To submit via the online form please log in and select the button "new project" in the projects tab. Deadline is 1st February, 2018. The submission is free of charge.
Selection of the film projects
A team of experts will select at most 30 film projetcs out of all entries for the DOK.forum Marketplace. Admitted candidates recieve feedback to their entries at the beginning of March 2018. The general aim of the selection committee is to provide an optimal matchmaking both for the Marketplace experts and the participants. Every admitted candidate’s project should thus attend ideally at least two suitable roundtable sessions.
Fees only apply for successful submissions. If this is the case, 100 Euros per person will be charged upfront (this fee includes the accreditation for the DOK.forum). The transfer of the fee is a pre-condition for participating. If desired, it is possible to upgrade the accreditation for the DOK.fest, whereby the fee increases to 120 Euro. Every project can be represented by at most 2 persons.
For the first time we can provide accomodation for selected participants (max. 1 person per team, max. 2 nights at a festival hotel). After successful submission, you can apply for accommodation from March 2018. Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The accreditation for DOK.forum Marketplace includes:
- individual Matchmaking
- participation in the roundtables and extended one-to-one meetings
- nominations for the composition funding, videobook and open session competitions
- nomination for the SUNNY SIDE OF THE DOC Award
- Pitch training at Marketplace Masters Pitch and Pitch Award
- access to the DOK.forum Marketplace screenings
- catering during the Marketplace events
- networking with highly influential decision-makers
- Free access to all events and reception of DOK.fest 2018 (including the Opening Event at the Deutsches Theater)
- Free access to all DOK.forum events 2018
- technical support on location
- online and print promotion and follow-up
We are looking forward to your submission!
Head of project