Be part of the DOK.fest München 2023 Festival Team!
Fields of deployment at our festival
DOK.fest München is one of the largest documentary film festivals in Europe with a focus on long, creative and international documentary films. We show around 120 films from over 40 countries and host filmmakers from all over the world. In 2023 we will celebrate our 38th festival edition.
As a motivated documentary film and festival enthusiast, you now have the chance to look behind the scenes of DOK.fest München and actively participate!
The DOK.fest took place dual for the first time in 2022, setting the course for the future of the festival – our goal is the maximum possible participation in the festival: the films screened both in Munich on the big cinema screen and throughout Germany on the digital home screen. We will also present this year's DOK.fest (03-21 May 2023) in dual format. DOK.forum, the festival's industry platform, will also take place during the festival, as well as DOK.education, the festival's education programme and our African focus DOK.network Africa.
To make all this happen, we need your support!
DOK.fest Munich is committed to equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion in all areas of work and pursues the goal of promoting and implementing this within the team. We welcome applications from all people who have the relevant qualifications and commitment for the job.
Click here or on the button to register as a volunteer or staff member right away.
At DOK.fest München 2023 there will be the following areas of deployment:
- Responsible for the organisational process
- Admission, audience and guest support
- Checking the technology (microphones etc.)
- Issuing the festival pass
- Guest relations
- Enquiries from juries and filmmakers
- Ticket sales and programme advice
- Friendly and service-oriented approach
Support of our @home area
- Hotline support
- Mail support
- Working from home/remote possible throughout Germany
- Extended support required from 24 April to 21 May
Support of the industry platform DOK.forum
- Support of the DOK.forum conferences and the workshops (HFF)
- Support of the Marketplace
- Guest support
- Opening and award ceremonies
- Admission, audience & guest services
- Drinks and catering service
- Responsible for the smooth running of the event
- Possibly supervision of the festival lounge
Set-up and dismantling
- Festival counter (HFF and Deutsches Theater)
- Festival bar
- Setting up of the festival centres
- Set-up: 1 and 2 May 2023
- Dismantling: 15 May 2023
Drivers for material and guests
- Distribution and delivery of the programme booklets
- Airport trips for filmmakers
- City centre trips for the juries
- Driving licence and driving experience required
The material and guest driving is not a volunteer position – we are looking for employees in this area.
- We expect at least level B2 in German for the best possible communication in all areas of employment, except for drivers and the support of the industry platform DOK.forum.
- Everything you need to know at a glance: download the info sheet with all the information here. Feel free to share it with your friends and acquaintances – we are very happy about new interested people!
For more information on the individual areas, please contact:
Festival team management
Tel. +49 (0)89 51 39 97 88