FAQ to VFF Documentary Film Production Award
You are producer of documentaries and would like to submit a film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award? Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions at a glance.
- Who can submit?
Producers of cinema documentaries in Germany are invited to submit entries. The VFF Documentary Film Production Award at DOK.fest Munich explicitly recognises the role of production in the creation of current documentary film projects.
- What are the requirements for participation?
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for preselection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- cinema film production with a minimum length of 72 minutes
- at least 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1st January, 2021
- Public screening at the festival
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted
- Do I have to submit my film for DOK.fest München first in order to apply for the VFF Documentary Production Award?
No. Submission is independent of participation in DOK.fest München. The films submitted for the prize do not automatically take part in the selection for the festival film programme.
- What criteria are used for the selection?
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted.
- Commitment of the production to the selection of a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in the composition of financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from production
- The producer's willingness to take risks in financial and content terms.
- How much does the submission cost?
Submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award is free of charge.
- How much is the prize money and who is the prize sponsor?
The award is sponsored by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and comes with prize money of 7,500 euros. The award ceremony takes place during the DOK.fest München.
- How exactly do I apply for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award?
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please register it via our database (please select "Registration for VFF Documentary Film Production Award" in the registration form).
If you register a film with us for the very first time, please set up an account. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time via this website and register a new film. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one through our system.
- Statement of.s Producer.in on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the.s producer.in and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
Deadline is 1st February 2022.
- Who are the contact persons?
For further questions please contact:
Elisabeth Hamberger, Nele Stoss
Dachauer Straße 116
80636 Munich, Germany