FAQ to VFF Documentary Film Production Award
You are producer of documentary films and would like to submit a film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award? Here you will find the answers to the most frequently asked questions at a glance.
- Who is the VFF Documentary Film Production Award aimed at?
Producers of documentary film projects in Germany are invited to submit entries. The VFF Documentary Film Production Award at DOK.fest München explicitly recognises the role of production in the creation of current documentary feature films.
- What are the requirements for participation?
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- Feature film production with a minimum length of 72 minutes
- 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1 January 2023
- Public screening at DOK.fest München 2024 possible (cinema exploitation may have already begun)
- If your film has already participated in a previous DOK.fest München edition, a new submission is not possible.
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted.
- Do I have to submit my film for DOK.fest München first in order to apply for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award?
No. Submission is independent of participation in DOK.fest München. The films submitted for the award do not automatically take part in the selection for the festival film programme.
- What criteria are used for the selection?
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted:
- Commitment of the production in choosing a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in putting together the financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from the production
- How much does the submission cost?
Submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award is free of charge.
- How much is the prize money and who is the award donor?
The award is sponsored by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and comes with prize money of 7.500 euros. The award ceremony takes place during the DOK.fest München.
- How exactly do I apply for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, how does the submission process work?
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please register it via our database. Please select "VFF Documentary Film Production Award" under "Registration for".
If you submit a film with us for the very first time, please set up an account. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time and register a new film. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one through our system. We provide information on the exact steps for submitting a film here under item 8.
- Statement of the producer on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the producer and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
The submission is independent of the participation at DOK.fest München.
Submission deadline is 1 February 2024.
- Who are the contact persons?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact:
Dachauer Straße 116