FAQ to DOK.digital – Award for New Narrative Formats
The submission for the DOK.digital – Award for New Narrative Formats 2023 is closed.
We look forward to receiving your submission for the 2024 Festival, which will be open from around December 2023.
You would like to submit a project for DOK.digital?
Here you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions at a glance.
- Who is the award aimed at?
Young journalists, filmmakers, games designers and producers from German-speaking countries (DE/AT/IT/CH) can apply. Both individual and collective submissions are eligible.
- Which projects can be submitted?
We are looking for innovative projects that open up different perspectives through new forms of storytelling, actively involve the audience and make stories come alive. Projects that explore the possibilities of digital media and convey journalistic-factual or documentary content beyond linear storytelling.
Criteria for the submission
A project is eligible for selection for DOK.digital if the following requirements are met:
- Collective or individuals
- Young talents with their first or second project
- Within the German-speaking area (DE/AT/IT/CH)
- Production period from January 2022 to spring 2023
Content & formal approach
- Relevant content with a documentary and/or journalistic approach
- Digital format
- Consistent linking of content and form
- Potential for meaningful interaction with the audience
- Possibility of presentation within the hybrid DOK.forum 2023: Preselected projects will be presented to the public in the presence of the jury. The award ceremony will take place as part of the DOK.forum at the 38th DOK.fest München.
- Willingness to actively contribute to the DOK.digital alumni network upon nomination
Both completed and published projects can be submitted.
- How much is the award endowed?
The DOK.digital Award for New Narrative Formats is sponsored by the Bayerischen Landeszentrale für neue Medien (Bavarian Regulatory Authority for Commercial Broadcasting, BLM). It is endowed with 2,500 euros.
- How can I submit?
The submission is done via our website.
If you do not yet have a user account with us, please register here. If you already have an account, you can log in there at any time.
To submit via the online form, select the module "DOK.digital" under "Your account" after logging in. You can then use the button "Neues DOK.digital Projekt" (top right) to create a new project and start your submission.
The following documents are required and can be submitted via the DOK.fest München homepage:
- Contact details of the submitter(s)
- Link to view the project
- Exposé / Project description
- Objective of the project
- CV of the submitter(s) / profile of the production company
- Catalogue of works
The prerequisite for DOK.digital registration is a meaningful application.
Submission is free of charge.
Submission Deadline: 1 February 2023
The submission for DOK.digital – Award for New Narrative Formats 2023 is now closed!
- What happens if my project is selected?
The five best projects will be presented publicly in the presence of the jury as part of DOK.forum at the 38th DOK.fest München (3 to 21 May 2023). The award ceremony will also take place during the festival.
- Who is the contact person?
If you have any questions about DOK.digital, please contact:
Dachauer Straße 116
Phone: +49 (0)89 – 51 51 97 86