Call for Entries: VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2021
Submit now until 1st February 2021!
Being a producer for documentary films means one thing above all else: having courage. In 2021, the VFF Documentary Film Production Award at DOK.fest München honours for the third time the role of producers in the creation of current cinema documentary film projects. The Call for Entries runs until 1st February 2021. We call on producers to submit their current cinema documentaries!
Foundation and awarding of the prize
The award is donated by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and is endowed with prize money of 7,500 euros. The award takes place as part of DOK.fest München at the University of Television and Film.
Conditions of participation
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- Cinema film production with a minimum length of 52 minutes
- 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1st January, 2020
- Public screening at DOK.fest München 2021 possible (cinema exploitation may have already begun)
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted.
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted.
- Commitment of the production to the selection of a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in the composition of financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from production
- The producer's willingness to take risks in financial and content terms.
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please send us the following documents by email:
- Online streaming link to the film
- Short synopsis (max. 750 characters)
- Completed Credits Form (download here)
- Statement of.s Producer.in on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the.s producer.in and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
The submission is independent of the participation at the DOK.fest München.
Deadline is 1st February 2021.
VFF Documentary Film Production Award
attn. Florina Vilgertshofer
Dachauer Straße 116
80636 Munich, Germany
Phone: +49 89 51 399 788