Call for Entries:
VFF Documentary Film Production Award 2022
Submit now until 1st February 2022!
Being a producer for documentary films means one thing above all else: having courage. In 2022, the VFF Documentary Film Production Award at DOK.fest München honours for the fifth time the role of producers in the creation of current cinema documentary film projects. The Call for Entries runs until 1st February 2022. We call on producers to submit their current cinema documentaries!
Foundation and awarding of the prize
The award is donated by the VFF Verwertungsgesellschaft der Film und Fernsehproduzenten mbH and is endowed with prize money of 7,500 euros.
Conditions of participation
Films that meet the following criteria are eligible for submission to the VFF Documentary Film Production Award:
- Cinema film production with a minimum length of 72 minutes
- 51% German production participation
- Publication after 1st January, 2021
- Public screening at DOK.fest München 2022 possible (cinema exploitation may have already begun)
- University films (including graduation films) are not permitted.
The selection for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award takes place according to the criteria listed below. It is the responsibility of the producer to present the special production performance to the jury through the documents to be submitted.
- Commitment of the production to the selection of a challenging subject
- Commitment and creativity in the composition of financing
- Creative / innovative evaluation of the film
- Creative input from production
- The producer's willingness to take risks in financial and content terms.
If you would like to submit your film for the VFF Documentary Film Production Award, please register it via our database (please select "Registration for VFF Documentary Film Production Award" in the registration form).
If you register a film with us for the very first time, please set up an account. If you already have an account, you can log in at any time via this website and register a new film. If you have forgotten your password, please request a new one through our system.
- Statement of.s Producer.in on the outstanding importance of the production for the film (max. 3000 characters)
- Short biographies of the.s producer.in and other key participants (max. 700 characters per biography)
- Short presentation of the production company (max. 700 characters)
- A complete and clear breakdown of the financing and budget plan (all information is kept strictly confidential).
The submission is independent of the participation at the DOK.fest München.
Deadline is 1st February 2022.
VFF Documentary Film Production Award
c/o Elisabeth Hamberger, Nele Stoss
Dachauer Straße 116
80636 Munich, Germany