Call for entries: German Documentary Film Music Award 2020
Submit now until 3rd February 2020!
DOK.fest München and Versicherungskammer Kulturstiftung are pleased to announce the 8th German Documentary Film Music Award 2020.
An award for outstanding documentary film composition (5,000 Euros)
Unique in the German-speaking world, the German Documentary Film Music Award honours a composition that joins and supports in a remarkable way the narrative of a documentary film. It sees itself as a platform for the work of the composers and the value of music as a narrative level in documentary film.
The prize is endowed with 5,000 euros and the award goes to the composer. The Documentary Film Music Award is donated by the Versicherungskammer Kulturstiftung and is supported by the Förder- und Hilfsfonds des Deutschen Komponistenverbandes DKV.
The following prerequisites must be fulfilled:
- The composition is part of a documentary film and has been composed for it.
- The composer is a member of GEMA, AKM or SUISA.
- The date of completion of the film is after 1st January 2019.
- The running time of the film (not the score) is at least 52 minutes.
- The running time of the score is at least 15 minutes.
- At least 75% of the score comes from the composer who is applying.
- A cinema copy of the film is available.
- Please officially confirm to us that the submitted film, in case of winning, can be screened free of charge at the corresponding award ceremony and that it can also be publicly screened as part of the Best Doks.
- Submitted films may not be available on free internet platforms.
Please send the following documents by email to email@example.com:
- Cover letter, informal (with telephone number, address of submitter).
- Completed Credits form (for download here).
- Cue-Sheet for the registered composition.
- Technically flawless screening link of the film.
- Bio- and Filmography of the composer.
Deadline is 3rd February 2020.
Unfortunately, we cannot return the submitted materials. We ask for your understanding.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us:
Johanna v. Websky
+49 (0)89 51 399 788
7th German Documentary Film Music Award 2019
director: Florian Baron
composition: Jana Irmert
6th German Documentary Film Music Award 2018
Director: Andres Veiel
Composers: Damian Scholl und Ulrich Reuter
5th German Documentary Film Music Award 2017
6 JAHRE, 7 MONATE UND 16 TAGE – DIE MORDE DES NSU
Director: Sobo Swobodnik
Composer: Elias Gottstein
4th German Documentary Film Music Award 2016
Directors: M. Luksch, M. Reinhart und T. Tode
Composer: Siegfried Friedrich
3rd German Documentary Film Music Award 2015
ABOVE AND BELOW
Director: Nicolas Steiner
Composers: Jan Miserre und John Gürtler, Paradox Paradise
2nd German Documentary Film Music Award 2014
MERET OPPENHEIM – EINE SURREALISTIN AUF EIGENEN WEGEN
Director: Daniela Schmidt-Langels
Composer: Ulrike Haage
1. German Documentary Film Music Award 2013
Director: August Pflugfelder
Compose: Sebastian Fischer